Thursday, September 4, 2008

Barney saves Mason

After the Preston and Taylor left for school I did a quick sweep and vacuum of the house. Mason was on the main floor playing while I was upstairs getting ready for the gym. I was running behind after a few unexpected things this morning. Hurrying down the stairs to get out of the house, I stopped just in time. At the bottom of the stairs were blue berries all over the floor.

I rounded the corner and before I could scold Mason, he started to sing "Clean up Clean up everybody everywhere. Clean up everybody do your share."

How could I get mad at someone who sings the Barney Clean Up Song? So instead, we sang and cleaned up together. Thanks to Barney for helping me remember the things that really matter in life!

6 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

I love those rare times when i don't loose my cool. Way to go Jodie!

Gene and Susie said...

I'm crazy about Mason but I never much cared for Barney - but now I think I like him. Mason - you're such a good boy! I love you ~ Nani

Kerr Family said...

They sing that song in Nursery and at Hunter's Preschool. I wondered where it came from. Sometimes it is hard to realize kids don't make messes on purpose. I can imagine Mason singing the song and cleaning up. Miss you guys!

Elyse said...

What a sweetheart! The song is a constant reminder to Barney for me!
~Elyse~

The Horvath Crew said...

way to go barney and jodie. we all need those moments to remember what's really important and those things that aren't bad enough to get mad at. I did get your message and yes life has been busy. I will call you I promise-I miss you.

Steph said...

jodie!! It's so good to hear from you!! You look amazing!! just as gorgeous as ever. Your family is beautiful, too. Your kids are just adorable and huge. Where are you? What are you up to? I agree, SP seems like forever ago. Good times, though.