Wednesday, September 3, 2008

8 years later, I'm a Pigskin Mom

Happy 8th Birthday to Preston today

Preston was destined to be a sport's fan


5 days after he was born he was wearing his red Nebraska football jersey and football beanie and sat with Steve for his first football game (this was our video camera that took digital pics back in the days)

I would have never imagined 8 years later he would be wearing a size 6 shoe, only a foot shorter than me and knowing more about football than I do

We had Preston's birthday party this past Saturday. It was the opening football game at the Air Force Academy. With 8 season tickets and the boss of the tickets in Iraq, I told Preston he could invite 6 friends to the game for his birthday. The decision was easy and the party was scheduled from 9:30 am- 6:30 pm (to which one mom told me I should get the mom of the century award for having a party that long). What people don't understand is that these boys are DIE HARD Air Force fans, I sat back at the game and didn't have to do very much entertaining.

We tailgated before the game

And the boys got to throw the ball around before we went into the stadium

Ashley drove over to the game with us

And helped paint all the boys faces with AF and #1

We have the perfect seats for 7 boys. Front row seats and right above the tunnel. The boys were on their feet most of the game while I got to sit back and chat with friends. (I even had 2 people ask if all the boys were mine. I was wondering if I looked that crazy, I should have said yes just to see their reactions! Come on, do they really look like they can all be mine? Maybe they thought I just got around. I was without a man by my side)

All the action happens right in front of our seats

Air Force won 41-7, but the highlight of the day was after the game. Preston's friend's dad is a coach. After the game he came over and told the boys to hurry down on the field. I thought they were going down to play on the field but when they started running towards the tunnel, I realized they were going into the locker room. Preston had the chance to do this only one time before. The boys came out with Nike gloves, wrist bands and towels from the players. They got to see the players do their victory chant (watch the video, this was the boys before the game).

From 2008-08-30, Preston's bday


We stayed after the game for a hour while the boys played on the field

The boys showing off thier "gear" from the players

We came back to the house after the game for pizza, cake and ice cream. The boys ran around some more and 6:30 did come sooner than I expected. I was exhausted and in bed by 9:30 pm.

Preston is a great kid. He is full of energy and life. We love him and are very proud of him. Happy 8th Birthday Preston!

11 comments:

jksfam said...

Here's at least one vote for mom of the year! Sounds like a great party for those boys. Size 6?!?!? Jmaes is 10 and is maybe a 3. Wow! Let us know when his baptism is and we'll try to come!

Gene and Susie said...

Happy Birthday to our favorite Preston in the whole wide world. What a great party - we wish we had been there. We love you ~ Grandpa and Nani

The ZamFam said...

Happy Birthday 8th Preston!!!! I have to tell you that your party looked like so much fun! Your cake was awesome!! We love you, P!!!

Tobi said...

WHOA! That sounds like a perfect birthday for Preston! You are a great Mom to entertain all those football fanatics all day!

Elyse said...

What a boy party! I am impressed and glad you all had a great time. I am so glad he and his friends got to visit the locker room too. What a great present.
~Elyse~

Kerr Family said...

What a fun and exciting Birthday party. Happy Birthday Preston. What a great day to spend the day with Friends and Football. What more can an 8 year old want?

The Carlsons said...

Happy Birthday Preston! You know Jonah still talks about Preston every time we drive by your old house.

Ok, this is the coolest birthday party ever. What an action packed day and you and Ashley looked like you enjoyed it yourself.

I'm not surprised they asked if they were all yours because what woman in their right mind would bring a bunch of extra boys to a football game, oh ya, you would because you are just that cool!

Janelle Anderson said...

I love it! We are going to miss those games for sure. What memorable birthday! Big hugs.

Janelle Anderson said...

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Preston from Big Mike, Janelle and Big Boy Lucas!

The Horvath Crew said...

Happy Birthday Preston. You need to give your mommy a big hug for that birthday party. Hope you all had a blast I am sure you did. Love to you all~ The horvaths

Anonymous said...

Hi Preston,
Bryson wanted to wish you a happy birthday. He loves you and looks up to you. Happy B-day!!
Love,
Your aunt Lisa