Thursday, June 26, 2008

This evening we went to the park with a family whose husband/dad is deployed with Steve. Our first meeting was the morning we were saying good-bye to the guys at the airport. It has been comforting to keep in touch and to be with someone who is going through the same situation. Amy is such a great person and always has a smile on her face. She's a great example to me. Her little guy Jared is so adorable. I just want to kiss his cute cheeks and squeeze him tight whenever I see him. Our kiddos had a great time together at the park. It was a great evening. Thanks Amy and Jared!

Jared, Mason and Taylor


This one was more for the scenery!


The kids attempted to catch fish/ducks with their sticks




Until we found this sweet little family who let the kids use their fishing pools for a few minutes



Mason called out "Choo Choo where are you?"


And when it finally came, he was so excited all he could do was dance!


We'll be repeating this evening again soon, including the ice cream at the end to top it off!

3 comments:

Gene and Susie said...

Sounds like a fun evening. Where was it? It's so beautiful and I don't recognize it.

Nocella Clan said...

What a nice day. I loved all the pictures. Cute family!!!

Tammy and Kinamo said...

I love summer nights like that. The kids and I are coming to Colorado to see my parents. It would be so fun to meet up with you. Tammy