Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My 10 on Tuesday is going to have to wait until next week. The blog has been a great way for Steve to keep updated with what has been going on here at home. Although we talk everyday, it's not as easy to send pictures/videos because his internet is so slow.

Last year we got Taylor a new bike for her 5th birthday. We tried many times to get her to take the training wheels off. There was no giving in on her end. The harder we pushed, the more she'd push back. We stopped asking and she certainly didn't mind keeping her training wheels on.

After Steve left in March, I told Taylor that it would be really cool if she could learn to ride her bike without training wheels before Dad got home. I was trying anything I could to motivate her, she wasn't thrilled at all. Anyways, yesterday we were out in the front yard playing. I said to Taylor "Lets put Mason to bed and then come back outside and take your training wheels off." She agreed! After a few tries, she did it! We were both SO excited! We celebrated with a soda and treat! This morning I took her to the school around the corner so she could ride without having to worry about cars and I could video tape her without having to worry about Mason. I told her that we'd tape her riding and post it on the blog so Daddy can see it. So here she is, 2 weeks before her 6th birthday.


This next video is of Mason. He loves his little scooter. I know the helmet doesn't fit him the right way, he grabbed Preston's instead of his. Although it isn't too big for his BIG head! He is one tough kid that will do anything to keep up with his older brother and sister. I sometimes forget he's not even 2 1/2 yet!

7 comments:

Gene and Susie said...

What great videos. Thank you. Those are MY Grandies!!!!!!!

zuniga family said...

That video of Taylor is so good. She rode so well for just learning the night before! Tell her great job!

The ZamFam said...

YAY, Taylor!! Girlfriend, I am so proud of you. Mason, you are a rockstar buddy!!! Love you!!

Nocella Clan said...

I think that was such a great idea to put the videos of your children on your blog. They are so cute. Great, now I have to learn how to do that on our blog!

The Horvath Crew said...

Very cute! I love seeing your kids in action. I always just saw pictures and now I can hear their sweet voices and see their personalities. Great job kids!

Tobi said...

Cute kiddos! Great job Taylor on learning to ride a bike big kid style!!

the mrazek family said...

This is so cute. It reminded me of learning to ride my bike at La Subida in HH. Great videos. Mason is adorable on his scooter.