Tuesday, June 24, 2008

10 on Tuesday

Okay readers, reply with what you know!

#1. It's "HUMP DAY" Weirded out? I will explain. Steve's total time away is 7 mos. Today is the half way point. So the hump is in reference to the fact that it's all down hill from here. I'd post a new picture of Steve if he'd send me one (hint hint, wink wink) or I am thinking we would love a post of his own soon.

#2. HELP!! Next Monday is my last day to workout with Patsy until August. Who needs music when you have a friend to entertain you instead. We are on different vacation schedules in July so it's time to dust off the Ipod and upload some new music. What are some of your favorite workout songs? And for those of you who cringe at the "W" word, what are songs you would listen to IF you were to break out the sneakers. Titles and Artists would be greatly appreciated!

#3. Are there things you wish you would have learned from your parents or another adult when you were younger? This past week I realized that I wish I would have learned how to be a better seamstress. My mom is amazing at sewing. Each year she makes Taylor's Easter and Christmas Dresses. I have saved these dresses for her daughter to wear someday. She made some of the greatest window treatments, pillows and bedskirts for my home while she was here last week. Growing up, I was so busy with other things that sewing wasn't a priority, although now I wish it would have been. So I guess there's no better time than now to start learning. What are you doing with your kids to help them develop talents that they may not appreciate now but will someday? Here are a few of the dresses she's made.




#4. I have a 5 yr old who needs to get out of pull-ups at night. ADVICE PLEASE!

#5. Mason is my lovie. He loves to cuddle, has sweet little manners and melts my heart. He never had a lot to do with me while his daddy was around. But with Steve gone, he doesn't usually leave my sight. Which is okay, most of the time. Yesterday he was pointing out boo boos on his body, or anything that even looked like one....ie freckles, just so I would kiss them. Tonight I put him to bed and he pointed to his tummy and said "Ow." I asked if he had a boo boo. He said
"yeah" then pulled up his shirt and said "kiss me." How could I resist kissing that cute tummy!



#6. Preston was in a parade in Nebraska Saturday evening. I don't get a whole lot of information from him, he's not the best at providing details. But from what I hear, he dressed up like an Indian and threw candy to the kids while riding Goddess the horse. His Indian name was Little Chief Sitting Bull. He is so serious in the pictures because "Indians don't smile" I really miss my buddy.

#7. Arranged marriages. I can see why some cultures do this. Last night we hung out with some friends who have 4 boys. I am thinking I have a pretty good chance that Taylor could marry one of them. 1 daughter to 4 sons. The odds could be in my favor on this one!

#8. Colorado is beautiful during the summer. Although it's not my favorite place in the winter, the summer months are great. The sky is blue, the weather is mild and the occasional thunderstorms are a sight to see. Our spare bedroom in the basement is open to visitors!

#9. Summer activities. I love to be on the go. I love to tour, check out new things, get out of the house. But sometimes it's so nice to hangout at home with just my kids. What are some fun things you do AT HOME with your kids during the summer? My friend Samantha did an art class with her kids, check it out. Keep in mind ages 7, 5 and 2.

#10 Taylor swam the entire length of the pool today by herself. She is my fishy. Now if I could just get Mason to ease up on his death grip a little, I could have 2 fishies at the pool! Advice on how to get your toddlers to relax in the pool?


Have a great week!


6 comments:

rachel said...

#1 - Congrats! Hang in there!
#2 I like the upbeat sounds of ABBA
#3 - Better nutrition
#4 - Please send the advice my way as well!
#5 - What a darling
#8 - Amen sister!
#9 - We just stick to the regular stuff, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, sprinkler...nothing too time consuming or messy. My poor kids!

Rachael said...

I loved reading about your goings ons! Catch up more soon. I miss you a ton and your family is in our prayers!!!

jksfam said...

re: Pull-ups. My sister finally had her daughter just stop wearing them at night. She's been fine since. I'm not one to talk, though. I've got one that will be 5 soon that I need to get out of them at night, but not until the basement is done and the beds are unbunked. I can wash and change sheets (don't love it), but making the top bunk is a PAIN!!!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

First of all, congrats on the half-way mark!!! Hopefully it goes by fast. And then speaking of arranged marriages, if we have a daughter first it will totally work for Mason :-) Haha, Matt's sister kind of planned ours when we were little, so it just might work!

I talked to Matt about CA & the only things we really have in mind are 1: the beach and 2: watching fireworks over the ocean, so hopefully you don't mind if we tag along for some other fun activities! Talk to you soon!

Gene and Susie said...

If you learn to sew, then what will I do??? Pull-ups? Who cares? Kissing boo-boo's: Bobbi Allen's little grandson said he had a boo-boo and wanted Grandma to kiss it. Would you like to know where the boo-boo was? She didn't kiss it!

The Dragonfly said...

Thanks for the shout out in this post Jodie! I want to hear more about your summer - it sounds like fun! Right now I have Shar (of Anderson Zoo) visiting for the 4th of July Virginia style . . . today we're going to pick blueberries with the kids! Hope you guys are doing great. BTW - YOU ROCK!!!!