Wednesday, May 14, 2008

What I wanted to post yesterday!

My flood drama is going to have to take a back seat tonight. I'd really like to post about my fun Mother's Day before any other drama happens that may be more entertaining.

My Mother's Day started way too early. At 7 am Taylor came in to tell me she was hungry! I wouldn't have minded so much but I was out late the night before and didn't go to bed until 2 a.m. Ouch! I convinced her to hop into bed with me and watch a cartoon. At 7:30 the doorbell rang. WHAT? Taylor runs downstairs, I hurry to cover myself and the boys wake up! The car took off and I have NO IDEA who came by and brought this adorable box with yummy breakfast inside!! An apple danish, fresh fruit, orange juice and truffles! THANK YOU whomever you are!

My favorite part of Mother's Day are the homemade cards. These are just 2 of the many homemade cards that adorn my magnetic board. Taylor wrote on a school paper that I weighed 80lbs. I'm hoping she doesn't think 80 is a huge number.

The kids insisted that we open gifts before we did anything else. Mason got me a very cute Buckhead Betties bag!

Taylor picked out this necklace from Brighton with a little bit of personal help. If you look closely there is a charm for each of the kids. I am in love with this necklace!

Our friends took Preston out this past week to go Mother's Day shopping. He was so excited to give me his gift.......looks like we'll be going to Chipotle's soon!

Thank you Steve for the flowers, Juicy Couture Perfume, California Pizza Kitchen gift card (good for a few nights of not having to cook) and booking a babysitter for an overnight getaway.

Patsy's hubby was working so we decided to get together as Mom's for breakfast and have a PJ party with the kids. No showers, no make-up, no stress! We made crepes. We couldn't make them fast enough for the kids. Making breakfast and cleaning up the mess was much more fun doing it with a friend. It didn't feel like work!

After church we went to the Cowell's home for BBQ steak. Our other friends live up the street so all the kids played together in the backyard while Bryan did dishes and the women sat around and talked!

The kids got to talk to 2 grandma's and 3 great-grandma's. It was a great Mother's Day!

You all know that there is no way any day of mine could go smoothly. The days mishaps included... my car battery dying - fortunately it happened at home & I was able to jump it on my own! And Mason choked on his gum and threw up all over me at Patsy's house.
I think that was it!

4 comments:

Nunazuna said...

What a beautiful little mother's day! I bet it was Steve who sent the breakfast. So about changing your background. First, you can go to http://www.leeloublogs.blogspot.com/and change your background to one of those. Then send me your email and I'll email you the rest of the instructions to make it more personal because they all won't fit on here. Have a fabulous day!

the mrazek family said...

What a fun day!

Kerr Family said...

Sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day. Glad you had fun. Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Gene and Susie said...

Do you know of a busier woman than Jodie Hendricks? She can't sit still! When Steve get home she'll sleep for a week. Thank you to all of her friends who have been so good to her and her children while she experiences being a Single Mom! I love you all!