Thursday, May 15, 2008

Little Girls


Girls! I remember after Taylor was born, Steve feel in love with his little girl. He had a hard time putting her down and would carry her around like a football.....her head in his hand and her legs straddling his forearm. Knowing that we wanted more children, Steve said to me one day "I hope the rest of our kids are girls." I had to laugh and replied "No you don't! Just wait until Taylor is a teenager and you'll be wishing you had all boys."

Today was one of those days that I realized that raising a daughter is going to be anything but easy! Here is my day with Taylor and why 1 girl in enough for me:

1.Girls are moody! Taylor is usually grumpy when I wake her up. She is not a morning person, she gets it honestly. I know on the days she doesn't wake up on her own, we are in for a tough morning. She didn't like the clothes I picked out (I didn't care, she was going to wear them), she whined that the sweater was itchy.....she chose to forget her undershirt, so I told her to go back to put it on..more crying and whinning. She complained about the brush I was using to fix her hair, complained more about her clothes, wouldn't hold still, followed by more crying. Put it this way, it's much easier for me to handle a flooding basement than it is to handle a whining 5 year old!

2. Girl's have an on and off switch, and most of the time they don't even know where it is! Once she was downstairs, it was as if the past 20 unhappy minutes never happened! She was happy, talkative and helpful. She looked out the back door and said "Look Mom. There's pink and white popcorn on the tree!" Referring to the blossoms on the trees. She quickly finished her breakfast, brushed her teeth without being asked (which never happens) and was perfect the rest of the morning.

3. Girl's can be high maintenance! After Mason went down for a nap we played with my sample perfumes. I told her she could have them all, it was as if she won the jackpot. We played with her new accumulation of perfumes, played make-up and dress-up. She showed me how to pose for the camera, made sure the bag behind me was out of the picture and told me what faces to make. The hard part was the realization that she's a lot like me!

4. Girl's can get upset so easily and over the littlest thing! She was helping me make treats - avalanche bark for our friends and rice crispy treats for our family. She freaked out when she saw me putting peanut butter in the bowl. I had to calm her down and tell her that the peanut butter was for the other recipe. Oh my goodness!!!!!

5. Girl's can be so giving and sweet! She spent a lot of time working on Steve's Father's Day present, making little notes for our family & giving out stickers. She loves to do things for others!!


At the end of the day, I love my girl and am so thankful I have a daughter of my own!!

No comments: