Wednesday, May 28, 2008

This week in pictures!


The Thunderbird's flew over our house all weekend long! They were practicing for their annual performance at the Air Force Academy Graduation.
The kids and I went to the Air Force Academy Cemetery on Memorial Day. Sometimes things mean a little more when you can actively participate in them

Popcorn is popping on our tree and Taylor can finally pull her hair back in a ponytail

Taylor's Kindergarten Graduation and Steve's parents come to visit!!

Preston and Taylor's last day of school..compared to the first day of school in August

Our little neighbor boy in our backyard, not a big deal..........until you realize that in his bag is a dead gardener snake that his dad killed in my backyard with a shovel! I was FREAKING out.

Mason, Mason, Mason. He is defiantly in his 2's. Despite being busy, busy, busy...he is such a good little guy. I'm not sure how much longer I am going to be able to lug him around, he is HUGE! He is my buddy and his smile melts my heart.

And a quick Steve update: "I'm being transferred to Rustamaya - the other location for Iraq AF officer training. Appears I may be there for the duration. Will begin teaching a new English class on 1 June. Rustamaya is a NATO-run base (about 5 miles outside of Sader City) at which we have a small detachment of 10-15 USAF personnel that operate independently. I'm looking forward to the change."



8 comments:

The ZamFam said...

The first and last day of school pictureis fun to compare. P hasn't changed as much as T has. Mason is getting so big! I mean growing up, obviously he is a tank and has been since he was born. I am glad that Steve will enjoy privacy!!! A conversation with only your hubby around??? Bet you can't wait for that!!!

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Love the photos! Your Memorial Day looks lovely. Our hubbies look like they are going to be neighbors now. Tell him to go visit Anderson-tall at Old Mod sometime.

Gene and Susie said...

Last day of school for my 2 oldest grandies - how exciting. Preston must be geting very anxious for Nebraska! How wonderful tht Denny and Shirley can be there to help out. We enjoyed your Memorial Day pictures - how special for the kids to visit the cemetary. A very wonderful activity, Jodie.

jksfam said...

My friend and I came down that way with our littlest to try to see the Thunderbird show after graduation. We - and many others - went to the new movie theater at I-25 and Interquest. Perfect place to see it, but alas, no show :(. It didn't happen Jim's graduation year, either. They also had to have the Cadets in the stands for graduation his year since they put down a new football field that couldn't be walked on at the time. At least he graduated!

Kerr Family said...

I can't believe how much the kids have changed in one year. Amazing! Becky is right though, Taylor has definitely changed the most. Sad how quickly they grow. Mason is cute as ever. Miss you guys and excited for you to come down in July.

Tobi said...

That's so neat all the cool things you got to do for Memorial Day. I love the idea of taking a picture on the first day of school and then again on the last day. I'm going to have to do that!

Jodie said...

Is Tall at Rustamaya? Steve was needing to find out about church there. Maybe we can get them in touch some how. I'll email him to let him know where he is there on base.
Thanks!

Jodie said...

Tobi, I have a Sony! I spent too much on it and have had too many problems. I am hoping to go to Best Buy sometime soon and return it, even though I've had it for over a year!