Monday, May 12, 2008

My Mom

"The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.
Like father, like son. Like mother, like daughter" - Anonymous

I would have to kind of, sort of, somewhat maybe agree with this. I wish the apple wouldn't have fallen so far in my case! My Mom is a remarkable person. If you know her, you know this. She has so many great qualities. I am so grateful to have her as my Mom and I hope it's not too late to be more like her!

She has the ability to love unconditionally, She easily forgives and forgets, She is always doing for others, She is always there for others, She has such amazing faith.... I've never seen it waiver in my 30's years of being her daughter, She is the best cook...people always have requests for her baked goods, she's a great seamstress (she can sew ANYTHING), fun decorator, her garden is always beautiful, her home is always clean, she is funny, cheerful, compassionate, fun to be with, soft hearted and so giving.

After 37yrs of marriage, 4 kids and 10 grandkids later..... she has been a great example to me and to many others! I am so blessed to have her as my Mom. Happy Mother's Day Mom, I love you.

2 comments:

Gene and Susie said...

Thank you, Jodie, for the sweet thoughts. You and your sister are wonderful women - great examples to me even at my advanced age. I love you ~ Mom

Rachael said...

Your mom must be someone absolutely FABULOUS to have a daughter like you - in fact your description of your mom could read like an auto-bio...