Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother’s Day

From Al Taji, Iraq -- HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY to the 6 mothers in my life (Jodie, Mom, Susie, Mammy, Nani Jo and Ruth) – women of charm and appeal who make life beautiful. Thank you for all you have done! A few words about Jo & I… we dated 9 weeks prior to our engagement of 4 months. I knew that if I didn’t make her mine someone else would beat me to it! I have extremely deep feelings for her. We met at church in California and for some reason I can still easily recall what she wore the first four Sundays to church. The 1st Sunday (when I met her) she wore a black skirt, blue blouse, and a black scarf around her neck. She says that I introduced myself by saying, “Steve’s the name!” The 2nd Sunday she wore a floral dress and we went on our first unofficial date. The 3rd Sunday (Valentine’s Day) she wore a denim dress with a red sweater, and the 4th Sunday a pink top with a gray skirt. 8+ years, 3 moves, 3 kids, and 1 Iraq deployment later we are halfway around the world from each other. Memories! For my deployment she gave me her Ipod which has her music on it and I take it with me every day to workout. Listening to her music, I think of her constantly, and at times the distance between us seems to evaporate. Happy Mother’s Day Jo! I love you!



5 comments:

Jodie said...

Good thing I don't have mascara on yet and a good reminder to make sure it's waterproof today! I love you more and more everyday! Thank you lovie, you made my day! - Jo

B Kerr Fam said...

I know that you are not intentionally defacing government property!!! Thanks Steve for taking such great care of my sister and making her feel like she is the greatest woman in the world.

Gene and Susie said...

I DO have mascara on and it's running. Thank you for marrying our daughter and taking great care of her and your family. We love you!!!

Nunazuna said...

Hey Jodie and Steve! I saw your blog from Bryan and Lisa's. It's so neat to see what a beautiful family you have and to see how much you have grown as a couple. I think the last time I really spent time with you two was when I took your engagement pictures. That was like 10 years ago! Your kids are dang cute and they look exactly like the two of you. I hope you don't mind but I added you to my blog buddie list so that I can check in often. That's why I love this blog thing, it's such a great way to stay in touch with family and friends. Happy Mother's day and Thank You Steve for your hand in protecting us and serving our country.

Jodie said...

Hi Melanie, I am so glad you found us~ I'll check out your blog tonight!
I hope all is well with you. This is such a great way to keep in touch