Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I Made It

WARNING .... LONG BLOG! I am sorry to post a long one today, so scan over and enjoy the pictures! Although long blogs are time consuming for me, I don't mind because it gives Steve a chance to see a glimpse into our lives while he's away!

To be honest, it was kind of hard looking forward to turning 30 and especially celebrating it without Steve. I told him last night that I never thought in a million years that I would be going to bed alone on the last night of my 20's!!


But despite him being gone, I had one of the best birthdays ever (even if it was my 30th). My birthday celebration started a day early with Steve's birthday blog! It was the sweetest gift I have ever received and one of the MANY reasons why I am so smitten and totally in love. I then was greeted at the door with 2 dozen roses. Taylor couldn't believe that he would send flowers all the way from IRAQ....I didn't want to spoil the cute thought for her so I kept mum on that one.
















While we were in Baltimore, I knew Steve was trying really hard to keep it a great weekend when he actually made a total sacrifice and stepped foot into a FOREVER 21 for the first time, a milestone for him. And to my surprise, he actually enjoyed it. Today I got a package and inside was a gift card to FOREVER 21!! THANK YOU STEVE. I can guarantee the gift card will not be collecting dust


















When my girlfriends insisted on having a birthday party for me, it was difficult to say "YES." But after taking no for an answer, I handed over an invite list. I am really glad I did. About 15 of us got together at a friends house for breakfast. It was fun just to be with girlfriends. The girls even planned male entertainment for the party.... Steve called in on the web cam! He had us all laughing, Mr. Charmer himself. I knew he would love being in a room full of women, what man wouldn't. It was a great party and SO MUCH THANKS to my wonderful friends! I love you girls.




































I got to web cam with Steve for about a hour this afternoon with minimal interruptions!! It was great. I loved my annual phone calls with happy birthday songs, emails, cards and packages..... thank you!

I told the kids we would go to dinner wherever they wanted. Texas Roadhouse was it (thank goodness). Patsy and her kids joined us (Joseph was working). They made sure the waitress knew it was my birthday so after we were done eating, the waiters brought over a saddle and yelled really loud "Attention everyone, it's Jodie's 21st birthday" I knew there was no way out so trying to distract everyone from me, I bring Mason along. I get on as gracefully as one could get on a saddle with a 2 yr old in tow. Meaning, it probably didn't look so good. Anyways, everyone is totally staring, Patsy and the kids are laughing, I'm sure my face is the same color as my shirt and I happily dismount as soon as it was over. On our way out Preston says to me "Mom, you aren't 21." I was truly ready for him to pipe up and yell out "She's not 21 she's 30" but after our conversation the other night, I know why he didn't. Out of no where he says "Mom you shouldn't tell people your age because it's not appropriate" Wondering where he's getting this stuff from I ask "Who told you that?" And his says "You did." Okay foot in my mouth! I am thinking I must have told him it's not appropriate to ask an adult their age???















After dinner we came back home and had a Hawaiian Birthday Party. I helped the kids make a cake the the night before & had taken them to the dollar store to let them pick out decorations and a gift for me. It was like watching kids in a candy store. And the best part was, I didn't care what they bought because 5 items only = $5!!





















































Their cake was yummy, the birthday song was loud, my birthday gifts from them were super cool and truthfully the best part of the night was really their smiles, their laughter and their excitement! It was the perfect birthday!

5 comments:

Gene and Susie said...

We're glad you had such a great day. We were concerned about you being without Steve - but he was there in spirit, in flowers, and the webcam. Enjoy being 30 - it only gets better from here on! We love you - Dad and Mom

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!! Great friends really help relieve stress.

To answer your question, mine left home in November to go to training, went to Iraq in February and will be home hopefully next February. We don't anticipate his time in Iraq will extend, but he may spend some time back in Kansas after he redeploys (no more than a month I wouldn't guess).

Anonymous said...

Happy Pinch Day from Iraq! lv, Steve

Anonymous said...

Happy Pinch Day from Iraq! lv, Steve

The Dragonfly said...

Your post left me feeling happy. Ancient, but happy. Glad you had a great bday.