Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Dad




How is it that out of the billion pictures I have on my computer, there is not a single picture of just my dad and me? I'm going to have to fix that!! I didn't want to write about my dad in my previous blog because there was so much info, I didn't want this to get lost in my never ending entry!

My Dad and I share the same birthday. I have always loved celebrating together. When I was younger I thought it was cool to tell people that I was born on my Dad's birthday. I have a great dad. I love that he still tells me "you'll always be my babydoll" and tells me how proud he is of me. I love that when we talk he always takes the time to ask how I am doing and I feel comfortable telling him. I often share with others the advice he gives me. The most famous would be the oxygen mask analogy. He likes to make sure that I am taking care of myself. He says it's just like on an airplane, they tell you to place your oxygen mask on yourself first and then you can help others around you. If I don't have my own oxygen, I can't give my all to my family and to others. I love that he is a wonderful Grandpa and loves to spend time with his grandkids. He loves Steve like he's his own son and has always treated him that way. He has always been a hard worker and a great provider. He is a good man. I am very lucky and so thankful to have him as my dad!

I missed his and mom's phone call yesterday morning, so they left a message. While they were singing Happy Birthday, I could hardly wait for dad to then tell me what he has always told me, since I can remember, on every birthday. He says to me, "Remember, you are the best birthday present I have ever received." Happy Birthday Dad, I love you!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The ZamFam said...

We have a "simply faaaaabulous" dad, don't we? I am so glad that you had a good birthday! When I told Dallin that we had to call both you and Grandpa, he thought it was the coolest thing ever. As for a picture of you and Dad alone...you are always the one with the camera, so have Tay take a picture of you guys with her new camera with you are out there again!

Tobi said...

Great story. How neat that you both share the same birthday. I'm glad that you had some many loved one's celebrate your birthday with you.

the mrazek family said...

I remembered that you shared birthdays with your Dad, just couldn't remember the date. Oops! Happy (late)Birthday Jodie...and Gene too!

Jodie said...

Simply Faaaaaaabulous or Simmly Maaaaaaarvelous is so our Dad!

Gene and Susie said...

Yes, he is. He busts buttons off of his shirts and had to stop wearing hats because he's so proud of his family. They don't make hats big enough!!!!!!!