Sunday, January 13, 2008

Proud Mom Moment!


A little bit of background to help understand this moment a little better. Taylor, where do I start. Maybe at the beginning of the school year when I heard that she had kicked a little girl who cut in front of her in line. Or maybe the phone call from her teacher (who has been teaching Kindergarten over 25 yrs) the 3rd week of school letting me know that Taylor bit a 5th grader on the ear because the girl wouldn't go down the slide. Or how about the battle with my 5 year old every morning over clothes and having her hair fixed. I could go on but hopefully by now you get my point. Of course as parents, we begin to question where did we go wrong with this one and where do we go from here? I had frequent calls to her teacher to keep updated on her behavior. Over time the phone calls became less and less and now they are nonexistent.

Taylor received her quarterly report card on Friday. My first thought was "How is she doing academically?" But when I opened the card, something far more important was there. The teacher's comments read:
.
"Taylor is perfect! She is a hard worker. She is making nice progress in all areas. She is very eager to learn and is always trying new things in the class. Taylor is gaining self confidence everyday with her skills. I am really proud of the growth Taylor has made this year. She is very well liked in the classroom. Her happy and caring personality is a real asset to the class. She is a real treasure to have in the class. She has grown up so much in the last few months. Taylor is precious!"


Oh my goodness, a totally different child 5 month later. I learned a great lesson today. Although it is great to hear how well Taylor is doing academically, it feels even better to hear she is good, hard working, caring, and a happy little girl. Very Proud Mom! (& Dad)

4 comments:

Janna said...

Jodie
This is Janna. We live in CO also. We live in the Denver area. I found your blog through Becky's. Your little girl looks so much like you. Cute family.

B Kerr Fam said...

Awesome Taylor!!! Keep up the great work.

Where is the Mason stuff??

Rachael said...

Jodie! Isn't that the nicest moment?! Way to go, Taylor! I swear it's like a lightswitch. I used to cringe when I'd pick Mackey up from school and inquire about his 'behavior'. Now, he's totally a different kid. Something to do with number 2?

Forester Family said...

You tell Taylor how proud I am of her!! By the way, she is precious and I love that girl!!