Sunday, January 6, 2008

Good Morning Baltimore!!

I have to admit, when I went to see Hairspray in the theaters, I wasn't blown away. Maybe my expectations were too high or maybe it was that I went to see it with my sister, Steve and 2 other girlfriends and I chatted on and off to help keep me awake during the late night show. Whatever it was, I have yet to see it again. But when my girlfriend called and asked if I wanted tickets for the Broadway production, I certainly wasn't going to pass up a musical performance or a night out with girlfriends. I decided to take Steve while everyone else took their kiddos. Steve certainly didn't mind being the only guy amongst 12 ladies and 11 kids, lucky man (the 12 ladies part that is). We went to see Hairspray at our Performing Arts center here in the Springs Saturday night. We laughed through the entire production and we're still buzzing about it today. We have seen quite a few musicals and I have to say that this was the funniest one I have yet to see. If it ever comes to your city, YOU HAVE TO GO! To see when and where they will be check out www.hairsprayontour.com. So even though the WOW factor wasn't there for the movie, it was defiantly there for the stage production! So if it comes to your city GET TICKETS, even if you aren't into the whole musical thing, this one is a must.

Here's a video of the national tour

No comments: