Monday, January 7, 2008

Give a Girl a Bag and She is Sure to Fill It!


With the winter cleaning itch going on, I decided to conquer our craft closet in the basement amongst other things. I say craft closet but actually it is Taylor's "who knows what goes on in there" closet. Taylor loves to make things and I mean THINGS! She refuses to let me throw anything away, everything to her is a treasure and needs to be saved. So, I have learned through experience that the only time I can get rid of THINGS is when she is asleep. This also includes everything going in a trash bag and going outside because she has been known to be a trash digger. If she sees ANY-THING of hers that we have tossed, we are in trouble. In unbelief she'll ask "who threw this away?" Who would have ever thought you'd have to be so sneaky with a 5 yr old.
Last night I am in the basement and I am going through the baskets in the closet. Oh my goodness, that girl is a collector. Of what, of anything. The best were the, at least, 20 home depot paint sample cards (from who knows when) and clothing tags. I just had to laugh. But that wasn't all. I started to go through her toys and I think in every bag, including her little rolling luggage bag, there was STUFF in each one. Most of it I got rid of, like the little shaped papers from her hole punches, papers what were scribbled because she was thinking quantity not quality, school work papers. Or game pieces and toy pieces that have been MIA for who knows how long. I am almost sure she will have no idea of the BIG trash bag I filled, thank goodness it will be picked up tomorrow. I did keep some of her little THINGS she made and cards she wrote for other people, those are treasures to me too. But over all, I have learned a valuable lesson. I need to get rid of a few baskets and bags, because if you give a girl an empty bag SHE WILL FILL IT!
And at the end of the day, I can relate.

1 comment:

The Horvath Crew said...

Jodie your blog is adorable and your kids are precious. Taylor is such a smart girl and Preston looks just like your cousin stevie. Mason is such a big boy now. Well I wanted to tell you that i miss you and love you and need to see you soon, it's been to long. Hope all is well. Love ya Liz