Monday, January 7, 2008

Now You See It....Now You Don't


Taylor lost her first tooth tonight. She has had this wiggly tooth for over 2 mos. now. Her 2 bottom adult teeth are coming in behind instead of under her teeth. So there is not much helping her baby teeth come out. A friend of ours, who is a dentist, confirmed to me a few weeks ago what I feared. He said that her bottom teeth would most likely have to

be pulled by a dentist. I felt so bad for Taylor. Who wants their first tooth taken out by a dentist. We didn't tell her this. Instead, we were always telling her to wiggle her tooth. Which leads us to today. After Mason went down for a nap, Taylor wanted to cuddle under the electric blanket and watch a movie. She starts to wiggle her tooth and for over a hour we both have our hands in her mouth. I promise her $5 if she pulls it out and she said "Dad promised me $3. So if you give me $5, Dad gives me $3 and the tooth fairy gives me $1, that's $9." And that was all the motivation that girl needed! Her tooth started moving more and more and at one point it made a little pop noise. She called Steve at work and told him she wanted him to pull it out when he got home. We were upstairs before dinner playing with some of her toys and she starts to play with her tooth again. I grab the video camera and we all congregate in her room. And this is how it all happened.....



That's our girl!

6 comments:

the mrazek family said...

Hey Jodie!!!! That video was the cutest thing I have ever seen! I love the family encouragement, with slight fear in her eyes. I'm so happy to see you guys have a blog. You should be able to click on my name to see ours, and links to my siblings pages too. I'll keep checking yours!

Juli Mrazek(Mills)

The ZamFam said...

LOVE IT!!!! Taylor, you rock girlfriend!! Auntie Becky is totally proud of you! Jo, the video is awesome! Love you guys!!

zuniga family said...

I love it! I love that her big brother was so encouraging! They must get along so well! I am so excited that you have a blog! Yeah!!! How are you doing??

Rachael said...

Ok, LOVE that video. So fun that you filmed it. You go, Taylor!!!

Forester Family said...

Okay, that was too cute. I'm so glad you filmed it. She did a great job of being brave. I love that Taylor!! I think Preston was such a good brother by cheering her on...What a great big brother you are Preston. I've been working on my blog--not as cute as yours--my creativity isn't quite there. But I will keep trying.
Patsy

B Kerr Fam said...

She looks so much like you Jodie it is amazing!!! I am sure that she is every bit as tough as you were too.