Thursday, January 17, 2008

Amazing Girlfriends!

I have amazing girlfriends. Today I had a babysitter for Mason and I spent the morning with girlfriends and then had lunch with another girlfriend and our kids. Today reminded me of how lucky I am to have great friends.

C.S. Lewis said: "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one."

Does that sound familiar? We laughed today as we talked about our crazy snow day stories and more. It is nice to have girlfriends to talk with, laugh with, cry with, share with, and to most importantly learn from. I am very lucky to have great girlfriends. With Steve in the military, we have lived in 4 states in 8 1/2 yrs. Each place we have made lifelong friends. These are the friends that have inspired me to be a better person, a better mom, a better wife. These are women that have given me invaluable advice on all aspects in life ( either the 2 a.m. - in the parking lot of Wegmans- talks or the sleepless nights of slumber parties and hotel visits, or late nights sitting in the car outside the house talks). They are friends who talk from experience. These are women that I can pick up the phone and call and talk as if we've never stopped. I am thankful for days like today that remind me of how lucky I am to have amazing girlfriends!

No comments: