Friday, January 18, 2008

It's Only Just Begun and I Hope It Never Ends!

Preston and I were sitting at the table Tuesday night while Steve was bathing the younger 2 (one of the many reason's why my hubby is amazing). Preston gets a little smile on his face and says to me, "There's a girl at school who likes me." I ask who she is. With a bigger smile on his face, he tells me her name. I ask how he knows she likes him. He says that she signs to him "I love you" during lunch. I ask, "Do you like her?" He is so adorable at this moment and says to me almost shyly, "Yeah." He tells me that she knows he likes her because he signs "I love you" back to her. Preston had also told Steve this story while they were on their way to piano lessons. If you know Steve, he wasn't going to leave it at that. He asked if she was his girlfriend, Preston quickly said no and that he just liked her. Preston's conversations of school usually revolve around recess, sports and his guy friends. This was a new topic for us and I know it has only just begun.

So how can a 1st grade crush cause my mind to spin a little since then? It made me think that in 1o more years when he is a 17 yr old young man and not a 7 yr with a crush, I hope that we can still sit across from each other and talk as we did tonight. I hope that when times are good and when times are not so good, his dad and I will be his "go to" people. I know we have a long road ahead of us, that's life. But I hope through it all, our relationship and trust will always be there and that Tuesday was just the beginning of something that will never end.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, you need to expand on the story when we get a chance to talk! That is so... cute.

The Carlsons said...

What a cute story. I'm that you guys will continue to have a strong relationship...you're such an awesome family. I guess I better be careful who I'm signing I love you to...might cause some rumors. Glad to hear that you guys are doing well...miss you, A

Rachael said...

SSOOOOOOOOOO sweet! Preston is such a handsome little boy, I'm pretty sure you'll get a lot of practice with this conversation. Also, since Audrey brings up rumors? You know how you got me eating at church...? Yeah, well I busted out a bar yesterday, semi-discreetly, and people would look at my bar and then directly at my tummy. Surely thinking that these are the first signs of pregnancy!

the mrazek family said...

Just remember how boy crazy we were when we were his age. Ahh.. Too cute!

The ZamFam said...

Preston is a stud! Watch out for more girls. He keeps getting cuter and more of a gentleman everyday! I hope that as parents we can always have that with our kids.