Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Taking the Show to Starbucks

The temps only got up to about 15 degrees yesterday. I can only take so much of being inside and then I've got to get out!! Steve was going to be home a little later than usual so I decided that after I picked kids up from school I would take them to Starbucks.
The show went like this:
I get to the counter to order.... impossible for kids to make up their minds, not a surprise
Mason decides to try to climb up on the refrigerated display, trying to get to the "cow" (carton of chocolate milk) while I am trying to get the other 2 to decide what they want
Mason gets mad when I take him down (more than once)
Mason takes off his boots and socks (something in his boot was bothering him) and starts running around Starbucks while I try to pay
Mason decides to sit on the table instead of his chair or stand on his chair instead of sitting on it
Mason refuses to keep the lid on his chocolate milk and I of course let him keep it off
Mason doesn't want his coffee cake but heaven forbid he let anyone else have it
I take Mason outside to scold him in the freezing temps for misbehaving
Preston tries many times to take Mason's food (even though I told him not to touch Mason's food) and Mason freaks out over Preston touching his food
Finally Mason lets Preston have his coffee cake
Taylor just sits there, enjoying her hot chocolate and coffee cake
Mason leans over the table and spills his chocolate milk all over, including on Preston
Taylor gets up to get napkins
By now I'm sure that everyone is Starbucks is staring
I sit Mason over to the side and tell him to sit, he knows the tone of my voice is not good and DOES NOT move
We start to clean up the mess and my sweet Preston says to me "Mom, we'll get this. It isn't fair that you have to clean this. You brought us here and paid for our drinks and food. Let me do this."

We quickly cleaned up the spilled milk. I loaded the kids back in the car and took the show back on the road to home!

7 comments:

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

Cute little Preston. Sounds like you needed a trip to the spa after that. Or Calgon.

Gene and Susie said...

So when are you going back?????

Danielle said...

lol... i have a lot of these "mom" moments! gotta love em!

Kerr Family said...

Don't you just love those days where everything seems to go wrong? Isn't it great it's always in public where everyone can watch your chaos in motion? Gotta love it. Atleast you were brave enough to try.

Tobi said...

Poor Mason. It's so hard to be a rambunctious boy! I love the last picture. It must be tough to stay mad at him.

Anonymous said...

The next time you go to Starbucks, please call me first. I would love to see a picture of YOUR face while this was all taking place. One day you will tell this story and laugh about it.

jksfam said...

I thought I commented before... Anyway, I think I said that I hated those times, but Preston's comment warmed my heart!!!