Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ten On Tuesday

I have a few friends that post a "Ten on Tuesday" weekly. I am totally stealing their awesome idea and running with it! Especially a day like this when there is so much to write about! So here is my first go at it (in random order)

#1 After 4 long weeks, I should no longer see a painting or a restoration van in front of my home. I am so happy to report that all the work for my flooded basement is completed, done, so long, hope I never have to deal with this issue again for the rest of my life!

#2 Having my mom here makes me feel like I'm not a single mom anymore!! I've come to realize that having her here is like having a wife! She cooks, does the laundry, plays with the kids, cleans, babysits (and I don't have to pay her $8-10 per hr), she's sewing, taking kids on dates, helping run errands, never complains and so happy to help. Thanks Mom, you really are the best! I hope someday I can do the same for my children that you have done for me and my family!

#3 Taylor! I love this girl. Lately she has been using my favorite words........."adorable" "Tootsie Wootsie" "perfect" "totally" or she said to me one day "Mom, if I only button this button, it's more "darling." Anyways, last week we were in the store and she said "That girl is hot." Um, um, excuse me????? I may say a lot of things..but "hot" is certainly not one of them. She had no idea where she had heard it from and she thought it meant "cool." All day I kept thinking about where she would've heard it. I swear I don't let her watch Paris Hilton's reality show. And of course I couldn't blame Steve for this one. Fast forward a few days later. We were in the car and had the "Bee Movie" on. All of a sudden I hear on the movie "That girl is hot!" A Disney movie of all things. I asked her if that's where she heard the word "hot" from and she said yes. We talked a little about it and I told her that "hot" also means "pretty." Without missing a beat she said "Mommy, you are hot!" Thanks Taylor!

#4 Preston is having a great time playing cowboy in Nebraska. Today they bathed the horses. I asked him if they used special horse shampoo. He said "Nope, just soap and a big sponge." When I told him that our basement was done and that tomorrow Nani and I were going to put everything back in it's place he said "I'm sure glad I'm not there to do it." Well then. I'll let him clean horses and I'll stick to cleaning a basement.

#5 Mason had to have a cast put on a few days after a box of shelving fell on his foot. Although there were no broken bones, the Dr was concerned because after 3 days, he still wouldn't walk on it. The Dr took the cast off after a week. They took more X-rays and still no signs of anything. Here we are a week later and Mason is running and jumping and totally back to being his busy little self! Although I have to admit, the cast was put on the day before we flew out to CA for my Grandma's funeral, and not being able to put pressure on his foot turned out to be a great thing for the plane ride.

#6 Free personal training makes me happy and makes me sore! Patsy and I are training for free, twice a week, for the rest of the summer, not too bad. But I realize now that the hour of working our behinds off is also a hour of entertainment for our trainer. If there is one thing that never gets tired, it's our mouths. That's why she's such a great workout partner.

#7 How is it that I have been wearing MAC make-up for over 10 yrs and it wasn't until last night that I learned about their great face wipes? A must have for night time makeup removal. Especially if you don't want to have to breakout the washcloth and soap!

#8 Kitchen gadgets I'm loving right now:
Pineapple Slicer
Mango Pitter
Avocado Pitter/Slicer
Core & More (perfect for removing stems from strawberries)

#9 Last night Steve and I got to web cam after 3 1/2 weeks. The plan was that he was going to call at 11 pm my time. I was in Denver with some girlfriends and was stressing when we hit construction traffic at 10:15 pm. After stressing, we decided all we could do was turn up the music, rock out and pray that we'd get home in time. Well, we were a few minutes late, but we made it and Steve was greeted by a room full of women, including Taylor. I miss him so much.

#10 So my last item, Lucky Brand Store is having a huge sale right now. It's their twice yearly 50% sale. Last night they stayed open a hour later for us while we tried on way too many clothes. So if you like Lucky or have never wanted to pay that much for a pair of jeans, now is the time to hit the store.



8 comments:

The Horvath Crew said...

Wow you have had lots of events taking place. I am glad to hear everything is going good. That is so awesome that your mom came to help. She is the best grandma-seriously! I miss you both. Please call me for sure when you come out again. We really need to get together and reunite. Love ya

carrfamily4 said...

Hi Jodie, I don't think you would remember me, but we were in the singles ward together for awhile. I found your blog through vicki zuniga and thought I would say Hi. Your family is so cute and I really admire your strength. You always have an upbeat attitude and your posts are really fun to read. Good Luck with everything

Julie Carr

Elyse said...

Jodie-I found your blog through Tobi's. I am amazed of what your family goes through and what you do too. You go girl! Glad you have your mom their to help out! Plus you save babysitting money ;)
Have a great day!
~Elyse~

Tobi said...

way to keep busy Jodie. I love the ten on tuesday idea! I might have to borrow that sometime in the future.

Janelle Anderson said...

Oh the Bee Movie! That one changed my little Lucas forever. He got really demanding one day and learned the work "no" all from the Bee Movie. We finally realized that he was quoting the movie. After determining where the crazy behavior was coming from it wasn't so annoying. He constantly quotes the movie which for the record is his favorite and only movie, TV show etc. that he'll watch.

Love the 10 on Tuesday! Great to hear your mom's visit has been soooo wonderful for you. We love you! The Anderson's

Janelle Anderson said...

Oh the Bee Movie! That one changed my little Lucas forever. He got really demanding one day and learned the word "no" all from the Bee Movie. We finally realized that he was quoting the movie. After determining where the crazy behavior was coming from it wasn't so annoying. He constantly quotes the movie...which for the record is his favorite and only movie/TV show/etc that he'll watch.

Love the 10 on Tuesday! Great to hear your mom's visit has been soooo wonderful for you. We love you! The Anderson's

For the record...it's pouring rain right now at our house! How great is that?!?! How odd?!

Janelle Anderson said...

Okay, so you can't edit a comment..sorry for the double post and typos. :)

The Carlsons said...

I miss you. Things sound like they are doing well. I'll call next week when I get back from girls camp.