Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Steve sent me pictures Monday night. He asked me today when I was going to post them. I told him that I had to get the minor car accident off my chest 1st and then I could post his update. While we were web caming today, I told him to read the blog. I told him to read it out loud, the silence was killing me, even though I could still see him. He laughed at me and I think he was okay with my accident because it didn't cost him any money! I'm glad that confession is over with.

I am just going to copy and paste what he sent me, it's much easier that way. I did remind him today that he has total access to the blog and can post at anytime! Here are some of the pictures he sent.

"New Iraqi school buses - couldn't start so we jumped them and took them on a "thorough" test drive - a man hasn't lived until he's driven a school bus"


"Walking to dinner a couple of nights ago, I saw a soldier taking pics of the inside of his striker. I thought that was odd until I got closer. 3 detainees - he thought they were going to be releasing them that night. I asked if I could take a pic of them - he said, "Get in I'll take a picture of you with them!" The soldiers were acting appropriately around them -- making no conversation, etc."
"There is a lot of Sadaam's old artillery that is around this base. This is one that has been painted like a John Deer - decals and all"
"A pic of our raggedy bunch of Iraqi 2nd Lts in formation to be briefed by their commander!"

Steve is doing great. I love that we get to talk everyday. It's great to see him smile and laugh and to know that all is well with him. Despite his frustration as times, he is really enjoying this assignment and working with the Iraqis.

1 comment:

Gene and Susie said...

The canon - I can imagine his comment. He's been away from his wife too long!