Friday, March 28, 2008

A Sweet Night

Last night UCLA beat Western Kentucky in the Sweet 16 round of the NCAA Basketball Tournament. And guess who happened to be at the game?

That would be Preston. My Dad attended UCLA on a scholarship for baseball back in the day, this is where the excitement of UCLA sports comes into play. One of Preston's request of Grandpa was that he take him to see the UCLA campus. So last Saturday Preston got his own personal tour with Grandpa. And truthfully, I am not sure who was more excited out of the 2!

Sunday I get a phone call from my older brother who now lives in Phoenix with his family. He was calling with a question for his sports fanatic nephew. Preston's eyes got bigger and bigger as they were talking. He tells me that Uncle Bubba got tickets for the two of them to go to both Sweet 16 games last night and to the Elite Eight game tomorrow night in Phoenix. What a majorly cool Uncle. Of course I said yes, while whipping a tear away because it made my little man so happy. So the 3 kiddos and I made the relatively short trek from Southern CA to Arizona yesterday.

The Bruins were victorious last night and now the boys get to see them play tomorrow afternoon in the Elite Eight game. Hopefully Preston will be able to come home and fill in his NCAA tournament bracket sheet with UCLA moving on to the final four game.

And as for Taylor and Mason, they'll gladly stay back and enjoy the pool and playing with their 3 yr. old cousin, Bryson.

GO BRUINS!

No comments: