Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Theraputic

As we get closer each day to Steve's departure and my attempt at holding it together, the days together decrease and my need for support increases! So here are a few of my favorite support groups!

1. Steve: Today he came home and took all the kids to Preston's piano lessons. I said lets all go and he says "Why don't you just take sometime for yourself." So I did. I ran an errand, cleaned house really quick and started dinner. Guess I did need it.

2. My kids: They make me smile and give me strength to carry on each day
(What can be better than this awesome swing jacket I bought at Urban Outfitters during my retail therapy with Patsy, an awesome swing jacket totally on clearance)

3. Family & Friends far away from us: Our phones have been ringing, email inbox filling up, airfare booked and bags being packed. Words of appreciation and gratitude for Steve's service, words of encouragement that all will be well, willingness to help in anyway and promises of prayers and thoughts! THANK YOU

4. The spouses from Steve's work: We all got together last week and decorated V-day cookies. They were all so supportive and offered up help with free babysitting, playgroups, girl time, and anything we need. If any group knows how best to relate, it is the military spouses who have been there, done that and are amazing for it. Thanks for a much needed evening ladies !


5. Colorado Girls: They are the ones who have been there to cry with, to wipe my tears, wrap their arms around me and even offer to "kick Steve's butt if anything happens to him." Patsy helped me with retail therapy Saturday night. We hit up the Disney Warehouse. If you ever go to Disneyland or Disney World and cringe every time you pull out your wallet for purchases, you have to check out this website. AMS This company travels around the US opening stores for a few months. They actually sell the EXACT same merchandise as Disneyland and some from D World. For example I bought the character autograph books for $2 instead of $12, sweatshirts for $12, not $49, T-shirts for $2, mickey mouse and minnie mouse hats for $.99 not $8. As you can see we stocked up! And then stuffed up at The Cheese Cake Factory!

6. Our Church: We will be well taken care of!

7. Our Neighbors: Offers of shoveling snow, mowing the lawn, helping with home repairs, etc.

Did I say a few support groups, I meant a lot. Thank you everyone! I love you!

4 comments:

rachel said...

Just keep that list handy for when you need anything! We love you!

Rachael said...

Hang in there, girl! You're a rock star. I think I overuse that one, but I just LOVE rockstars. And that JACKET?! Love. Wish I could wear them.

Tobi said...

Retail therapy is my favorite kind!It's so great that you have so much support behind your family.

Forester Family said...

I love you and I love reading your blog!! Yes, retail therapy can cure all sometimes. I know it is my solution to alot of stresses in my life. Just ask my husband!! Thanks alot for that night.

Patsy