Thursday, January 31, 2008

Closing Down Target




A small confession, I have been known to see lights go out at Target. Let's face it, I could never spend hours browsing through the super store with 3 kids in tow. Well, I could but that would be considered torture to me, my kids and to all others in a 50 ft radius. So on a rare occasion I am childless, I could spend way too much time looking, trying on, craving, wanting. This is how 2 hours goes by and all of a sudden the countdown is on to get out before the lights do. This was my dilemma tonight. It started out as a simple return, and before I knew it, I hear the 1st announcement to bring all items to check out. I quickly grabbed a few more dollar items for the kid's valentine parties, LOVE THE DOLLAR SECTION, and started my way to check out. That's when a certain somthin' somthin' caught my eye. It would be hard to miss anyways, but I couldn't resist. The bright yellow purse was calling my name. I hate it when that happens. This picture doesn't do it justice, when I say yellow I'm not talking about buttercup or mustard, I mean HELLO YELLOW! Here is my dilemma, the practical side of me (my husband has gotten to me) did not break down and get the purse. The impractical side of me (yes it's still there) really wants the purse. The PS is saying what on earth would even go with the purse, the IS says if I don't have something I'll buy something. The PS says how old are you? The IS is totally outweighing the PS right now because as I am typing I am wishing I had this HELLO YELLOW purse. And come to think of it I am sure I can find something in my closet that it would go with. Okay, now I am totally wishing I had the purse. There is something about this color that screams out to me "gotta have it." It's different and I love it. I think tomorrow I am going to have to take Steve with me for entertainment purposes. I can't wait to see his reaction when I show him this outrageous yellow purse I just spent the last 20 minutes blogging about. You've gotta check it out next time you're at Target, and I might add, yellow is a hot color this year for all you fashionista's
http://www.hm.com/us/#presspic2008

5 comments:

The Carlsons said...

There is something about "closing down target" that makes you find things that you can't do without but probably don't need. I did this several times before Christmas. I would go out and buy this yellow purse for you today but I have a feeling that you're going to do that yourself! I hope you do!

The ZamFam said...

LOVE the purse! I am glad you went back and got it. When you can't stop thinking about something, that's when you know who gotta go back and get it. I love yellow, so I am excited for that to be the in color this spring! Yay!!

KAPELE KREW said...

I am pretty certain that all moms share this passion. In fact I have several friends that I go out on "dates" with to Target. I love that purse. I also love the dollar section. Your blog is very entertaining, and very familiar. We must have kids the same age!

The Dragonfly said...

My favorite "closing down Target" moment was being there late enough one night to overhear the hilarious conversations of a bunch of female Target employees who were straightening up the shoes. I felt like I wanted to be an employee at that moment . . . I might as well be, then my paycheck can go right back to the store - which it does anyway.

Gene and Susie said...

Hey, whose daughter are you? Yellow purse = green, red, orange, hot pink, bright pink, soft pink, brown, purple outfits. Goodness daughter of mine, I thought I taught you better!!! Mix those colors. By the way, Pre. Monso's favortie color is yellow!!! So get that purse and use it!