Friday, January 16, 2009

Meet Hogan

This is Hogan, our newest addition
Taylor has been asking for a dog. I can maybe count on 2 hands the # of days in 2008 that she DID NOT talk about getting a dog. In October I asked Steve was he thought about getting a dog for Christmas. His first response was "NO." Surprisingly, I wanted one more than he did. I thought for sure Steve would jump at the idea of having a pet.... after all he was the one that grew up on a farm, but the idea of having to take care of a pet was not very appealing to him. It wasn't too long after that he wanted to talk more about a dog!

I only had 3 criteria: good with kids, small and NO SHEDDING! Steve agreed and our search began. Well, try finding a dog that meets those criteria! We came close to buying a little yorkie but decided against it.

Santa promised the kids a dog when we returned to Colorado. On our drive home from California, Steve wanted to stop at the Humane Society. After being in the car for a total of 18 hrs, I just wanted to get home. But I was outvoted 4-1, so we stopped. It was a good thing that we did!

We found the perfect little dog for our family. He is a 2 yr old miniature poodle mix. He was a stray for who knows how long. He was shaggy and darling. He never once barked at us and was a so timid. We knew as soon as he walked into the room with us that he was just what we were looking for.
The kids could not have been any happier, especially our Taylor-girlHe has become the baby in the family. Taylor cannot get enough of him (although he can sometimes get enough of her) I overheard her talking to him the other day and telling him "I'm happy I have you."
This picture was taken Wednesday morning before we took him in to get groomed
And here is his after picture
I think he lost a pound of hair.
Thank goodness he's low maintenance, we needed at least 1 low maintenance something in this house!

9 comments:

Kerr Family said...

He is so cute. I love the name. How did you guys come up with the name? I'm glad Taylor has her own dog. Wish Carson was as small as Hogan...oh well.

jksfam said...

Cute dog! It almost makes me want to reconsider...nope, still "No" for me right now! He looks like a good dog, though!

Gene and Susie said...

Taylor is glad she has Hogan, but I'll bet Hogan is happier that he has Taylor. He's a lucky pup to have a good family. We are anxious to meet him!

Elyse said...

Hogan is SO PRECIOUS :) No shedding is one good consideration too. He is adorable...glad Taylor got her wish :)
~Elyse~

B Kerr Fam said...

Honestly I never thought of Steve as a poodle man. I can see Steve now walking to his office with the dog poking its head out of his gym bag!!!! How fun for the kids.

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Taylor got her dog! She must be so excited. We can't wait to meet him and see all of you--it feels like it's been forever! I'll be out there on January 30th. Is it alright if we stay with you that weekend?

Oh, and PS-I love those football pictures you posted below! Your boys are too cute. And I think that's probably my favorite picture of Matt coaching, so thanks for taking it!

Gus said...

Makes me want one of our own... just not quite yet! Kinda need an enclosed yard for pets!

The Horvath Crew said...

What a cutie! I didn't know you were coming to cali, so you made the long drive with kids. How was it for you? We had a great time, it's nice to spend time together as a family. Have fun with the doggie, my kids want one so bad but mommies not ready for one right now!

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

I am glad you don't have to do the puppy stage with Hogan. That is the worst part, but some how the cutest part too.