Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I Think We're Alone Now

Shortly after Steve got home he said "Lets have your Mom come out and watch the kids so the two of us can get away alone." He didn't have to convince me! A trip alone with my hubby after being apart for 7 mos and no kids...... I really didn't even care where we were going.

We decided to stay in Colorado and enjoy a slow paced trip together. It was just what we needed.

Boulder, CO

Estes Park, CO
On our way to dinner in Estes Park, there were Elk right along the creeks. Steve had to stop and get a picture for the kids.
We couldn't believe that there was a Nebraska Husker's Store on the Main St in Estes Park. Another "have to" picture

Fall is mating season for the Elk. They totally wandered around the town and in the streets.This was a bull who went after another bull that was on his territory. We stood behind a car and got this picture. I guess they will charge if you get in it's way.

Steve bought me a pair of Twisted X boots, cowgirl boots that is.
It's a trendy thing!
Rockie National ParkI loved all the colors of the leaves

Vail
The Village in Vail

This is a monument dedicated to the Ski Troopers of the 10th Mt Division

Kissing a Frog Prince
Glenwood Springs
sooooo relaxing
The scenery was amazing, the weather was perfect and the fall leaves were at their peak
Aspen
This was the road we took to the Maroon Bells
The Maroon Bells are some of the most photographed mountains in the US

Snowmass Village
We enjoyed breakfast on the deck of our hotel in Aspen, the colors were stunning
I drive home, both hands on the wheel as we drove windy roads at
very high altitudes

We would put our camera on the car and then set the timer! Now I know not to place it on Steve's slanted hood... but so appropriate for our Continental Divide picture
Our first glimpse of snow this season
It was the best trip! It was great to just enjoy each other and not have the distractions of kids, phones and to do's. The adapting has been much easier than I thought it would be. That's not to say that it hasn't been difficult at times, especially the first week. But this trip was a great time to talk and reconnect as husband and wife. THANK YOU so much to my mom for being with the kids. They didn't mind us leaving because Nani was with them.
And THANK YOU to Steve for knowing just what we needed!

12 comments:

The ZamFam said...

I am so glad you guys got to be alone!!! All the pictures look amazing! I love fall colors! Too bad our fall colors have been covered with 4 inches of white!

the mrazek family said...

These pictures are incredible. What a beautiful trip, how fun!

Kerr Family said...

Great pictures. It's important to get out and spend some alone time together. Glad you guys were able to do it. Beautiful pictures by the way.

Love Notes said...

Okay, I've been checking your blog since you left here with no updates and then today.... Holy Cow. I had to so much to get caught up on. Did you do all those posts at one time? Your trip looked amazing and you look so stinkin' hot mama!

B Kerr Fam said...

Great post and pics. Although when I first saw the title of the post I thought it was about the presidential election!!!
Looking forward to this weekend.

Natalie said...

Why do you (Jodie) look absolutely perfect in every photo? You're on vacation! I guess you can't hide natural beauty and joy. (: Looks like lots of fun. Beautiful colors!

The Horvath Crew said...

Wow those pictures were awesome and I loved the one with you driving down those winding roads-I just laughed, good thnig you had some past experience. hee hee. Glad you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

You guys look great! You are such an adorable couple and I'm so glad you are all back together again.
And the leaves and scenery are beautiful!! So glad you guys could escape for a while together.

Tammy and Kinamo said...

I am so glad Steve is home and the two of you had a little time away. What a fun trip. Looks like you got to all the best places in Colorado. I sure miss the fall in Colorado.

Gene and Susie said...

I think I had the most fun. There's nothing like being with the Grandies!!!! Ready for another trip? Hmmm? Love you ~~~

Elyse said...

Glad you and Steve got some alone time. It was needed I bet :) LOVE all the fall colors too!!!
~Elyse~

Nunazuna said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to hear that you are going to be expecting again! ha!