Friday, November 7, 2008

Are you ready?

A few days before Steve got home, his buddy (name will be kept unanimous, so lets just call him buddy) called to let me know that he had a gift for Steve. A hour before I was to leave for the airport, this buddy shows up prepared to do a set up in our room.

This is what the "thing" looks like in my room! Now can you guess what it is?
Okay, so only 1 person got it right............................. lalalalluuuuuuuuuke, leave it to a man to guess it right! Although, I didn't have that sign, just a spotlight. I'm going to stop there!

This gift was a total joke. The plan was to take the pole and leave it in the yards of different friends as a fun joke. The buddy who built the platform, mounted the rope lights and the spotlight and took time to paint the pole gold, called us the other night. He had the next recipient in mind. So Steve put the unassembled stripper pole on the side of the house so it would be ready when the buddy got here.

Wednesday morning I am leaving for the day and I look to see that the pole is still on the side of the house. I about died. The buddy never came and Steve didn't bother to HIDE the thing. As of yesterday when I posted on the blog, it was still there. I don't want to even think about what the neighbors were thinking. I am hoping that teether ball pole or sign of some sort would have been their guesses also. The pole has since then been moved into hiding (by me).

So what did the kids think of the "thing" in our room? We told them random things like "it's an exercise pole" or "it's a stage to perform on." We didn't lie. But fear overcame me a few weeks later when Taylor's class was taking a field trip to the local fire dept. I was imagining her saying to the fireman "My mom has a pole in her room too." I'm not too sure whatever came of the field trip, I never asked.

Then this email was sent to me by a girlfriend who knew about Steve's gift from his buddy. It was titled "Always check your kid's homework"


(Mommy works at Home Depot, she was selling a shovel)

Thanks for a great laugh Buddy and some good material for a blog post!

P.S. NO QUESTIONS ALLOWED!




9 comments:

jksfam said...

That is SO funny!!! I love the drawing at the bottom!

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

Thank you, thank you very much. I just want to clarify that my guess is NOT based upon past experience. It did put a big smile on my face to know that I guessed it right. Is our house next on the list?

Hey, when are you guys coming up to visit?

Kerr Family said...

We don't need to ask questions. Steve was gone for 7 months...we can put 2 and 2 together...lol. I'm sure the pole just added to the fun. Too funny! I would have had to hide it too.

Elyse said...

This cracks me up :) I wonder what was said at school by the kiddos.
~Elyse~

Gene and Susie said...

For some reason it just hit me. The pole reminds me of the giant canon Steve was sitting on in Iraq. There was something funny about that, too. I wonder if you'll get any cals from the fire department?

zuniga family said...

WOW! Jodie, why doesn't this suprise me? That was a rhetorical question, so it doesn't really count! Have fun with it!

Jessie said...

Oh that is too funny! Love that picture!!!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

I bet the GND and that pole go well together... :-)

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

Oh man, I go to church with you? I think I will have to chuckle everytime I see you guys now. That is too funny. You might be sorry that you told me you have a blog too.

I'll be nice.