Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's been 5 weeks!

5 weeks ago today Steve got home! Time has certainly not stopped just because. Steve jumped right in and hit the ground running with us.

The day he got home he was put to work at Preston's Cub Scout Pack Meeting
He quickly put the kids to work also..... well, actually this is Taylor's favorite thing to do at the gas station. The nice thing is that now he can help her while I sit in the car and take pictures!My parent's sent Steve his favorite cheesecake from Trader Joe's, it seems like we've been doing a lot of eating lately!
Going to the park can be relaxing again. I even got to read a little, it was GREAT!
Steve was SOOOOO happy to be outside playing with the kids
Steve and I were invited to attend a fundraiser for an organization that raises money to help military families. After being home for just a week, it was a very emotional evening for the both of us. It's nice to have a date again!
Steve got to be at the kid's last race
And he got to take the kids to and from school everyday for a few weeks
The night before the Air Force vs Navy game, Steve wanted to head to the bonfire up at the Academy. We packed up the kids
Okay, so I felt a little out of place pushing a double jogger...
But these guys didn't mind me wanting a picture with them, nor did my husband mind taking the picture
We took Mason to his first football game, at Steve's request
And he even took a picture with the competition
The Academy games are a family affair

When Steve was a cadet...... almost 20 yrs ago, he had the best sponsor family. Chuck (3rd from the left) came out with his friends and son Matt (far right) from Illinois. We got to tailgate with them at the Navy game and had dinner with them that night.
My mom flew out to watch the kids while Steve and I got away for a few days. We stayed in CO and this was one of our stops in Vail
Steve took the kids to his parents farm in Nebraska (I have yet to see pics) while I went to Washington DC and hung out with girlfriends EVERYDAY for 8 days!! It was FABULOUS!
Our 3rd visitor in 4 weeks, our friend, James, from CA came and stayed with us for 5 days. He is such a great guy.... and available, ladies!!

Steve went back to work last week. I am finally feeling like I am getting back into a routine. It was great to have him home for a while before heading back to the real world. It's great to have him home and feel complete again.

4 comments:

Gene and Susie said...

Great update, Jodie. I love the pictures and the captions. You've been busy, as usual. We're anxious to see you tomorrow!

The Dragonfly said...

So happy to see you all together again and loving it! It was awesome to see you here in VA - thanks for making an extra trip to Audrey's just for me. You rock!

Jessie said...

What cute pictures. You crack me up with that picture with those guys!
Looks like your having a great time having a husband again!

Janna said...

I'm so glad Steve got home safely. We are hoping to get tickets to the BYU vs. Air Force game. Maybe we'll see you there.