Saturday, August 9, 2008

We went to American Girl Place in Los Angeles

In 2004, we went to the New York store and I think I loved it more than my kids did. I think the same goes for this time also. I think we'll wait a few years before we go again. She's kind of in that in between age, too old for the bitty babies but too young for the dolls. She did find some really cute things to buy with her birthday money that she plays with almost everyday. This store is amazing!

Lunch was my favorite part. The decorations were adorable and the food was yummy, which I was pleasantly surprised.



She has no idea what "the finger" is, but this must have been her subconscious way of telling me to stop bugging her

She ordered a tic-tac-toe pizza and we all had pink lemonade

For dessert she had a candle in her cake and plugged her ears when they sang. I had to assure the waiter that she also plugged her ears during her birthday party a few days earlier. That's my Taylor-girl

Her favorite part was playing in the bitty baby area with the dolls. She and her cousin Hunter could have pushed the strollers around all day.

I told her when she turned 8 we could go back and get a doll. She was surprisingly okay with that. Steve will have to go with us so that he makes sure I don't break the bank!

2 comments:

Kerr Family said...

Loved the picture of Hunter pushing the "pink" stroller. Great picture...would love to show this to him when he gets older! I wondered what you guys did there. Looks like fun. Glad I have 2 daughters (and a son) who I can take some day.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a wonderful day out. We have never been to the LA store but the NYC one looks very similar. Loved the photos.