Sunday, July 13, 2008

Happy 6th Birthday Taylor

Taylor is our Boston baby! I was so scared that I would go into labor during rush hour, while Steve was in school and that I would have to give birth in a taxi or in a friend's car. It would have made for a great story, but fortunately she came on a Saturday afternoon. And although the circumstances of her birth were uneventful, her life has been anything but.


I remember bringing her home and Steve always holding her. I would tell him that he was spoiling her and to put her down. Well, she was spoiled alright. She's always had him wrapped around her little finger. He would carry her like a football, this little tiny baby girl with her head in his hand and her body in his big forearm. I miss those days. She was such a great baby and toddler. One day Steve said to me "I hope the rest of our kids are girls." I had to laugh and said "It's pay me now or pay me later." I think he is beginning to realize what I meant.

When Steve talked to my dad about marrying me my dad told him "She'll definitely bring a lot of color to your life." I'd like to convince myself that was a good thing??? There is no doubt that Steve will be able to tell Taylor's future husband the same thing!

She is full of life, energy and spunk. She loves to cuddle, give kisses and lots of hugs. She is very giving. She loves to color and craft and I am usually the lucky recipient of these daily masterpieces. She likes to mother and help little children, especially Mason. She speaks in a high pitched voice and can usually get them to do what she wants. (I'm still wondering why I can't get her to do what I want with the same tone of voice) She is stubborn and definitely has an opinion of her own. And although that's what she most often gets in trouble for, I hope those qualities will someday help her in be a positive way. If I would let her, she's spend the day watching real life doctor shows on TLC or Discovery Channel. For the past 2 years she has said that she wants to be a baby Dr when she grows up. She has a big sweet tooth... cotton candy, slurpee's and popsicles are great bribery's for her. She is strong and tough. She can hold her own when she wants to. She is loud and wants to be heard. She is helpful and loves to be included. She loves her family more than anything else and talks about them almost daily. She is sweet and loving, smart and beautiful. She is our Taylor-Girl and we love her very much! Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

The Horvath Crew said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAYLOR!! I hope you have a great day! I remember when your mommy was pregnant and I thought it would be so cool if you were born on my birthday July 14th. Well the 13th is close enough. Your so special and your such a sweet girl.

Elyse said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAYLOR!! Hope you had a great day!!!
~Elyse~

The ZamFam said...

Happy Birthday TayTay!!! We love you so much. I totally wish we were there to celebrate your special day with you! Hope you had a fun weekend and have fun tomorrow!!! Lucky girl!

Tobi said...

How sweet! I love birthdays. So fun to be six and become a young lady. Although I think Taylor might object to the word young. Happy Birthday Taylor. I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your big day.

Amy said...

That is so sweet! What a lucky mama you are and what a lucky daughter she is!

Happy Birthday (a few days belated)!

Gene and Susie said...

Taylor's dream came true - she and her cousin, Hunter, helped me deliver 11 babies during her birthday party. And she performed several surgeries on me, cured a few aches and pains, and pronounced me healthy and administered 10,000 shots!!!

Kerr Family said...

Happy Birthday Taylor! So glad we were able to spend your special day with you.