Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Grandma Ruth

When I was 4 yrs old, my dad's mom passed away. 2 yrs later my Grandpa married Ruth. Last week Ruth passed away. She was a wonderful lady who lived a long, fulfilling life. She always had a smile on her face, I never heard her speak a harsh word, she loved to help others and loved nothing more than Grandpa and her family. Her death was sudden and fortunately she didn't have to suffer.

In March, the kids and I got to spend a lot of time with her and Grandpa in California. For some reason, I felt as if I needed to cherish the moments and capture them with my camera.


Great Grandparents with the kids

Grandma at the park

Great-Grandpa with Mason

One of my favorite pictures
Great Grandpa, Great Grandma and Taylor

My dad is an only child. So my 3 siblings and myself are his only grand kids. Between us 4, he has 10 great-grand kids. My dad wanted all of the family to be there for the funeral. We were all able to make it. It was a great reunion. We certainly kept Grandpa busy and the 10 great-grand kids helped occupy his time with plenty of entertainment. By the 3rd night, he was ready to go home by himself. I think he was searching for peace and quiet.

My (sister) Becky, (brother) Bryan, Grandpa, me, (brother) Kelly

Our lives have been blessed because of Ruth. She and Grandpa were good for each other. My dad says that "Grandpa got his hop back in his step when Ruth came into his life." She was a sweet woman and a priceless gift to our family. She will be greatly missed. But we look forward to the day when we will all be together again.

6 comments:

Rachael said...

I've just caught up on your life. Other than the passing of your gramma, it looks like things are good. The kids look darling - as usual. And you look STUNNING. Let's chat when you get a chance.

the mrazek family said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandma. Your last pictures with her are really great. Grandparents are so special.

The Dragonfly said...

I'm glad you were able to make it to the funeral. She sounds like an amazing lady. And I know this is off the topic of this post, and a little innapropriate considering the subject, but DANG GIRL you look seriously fierce in that little black dress!

Tobi said...

Have to agree with Sam. You look mighty fine in that little black number.

I'm sorry about Grandma Ruth. It's so nice that you got to go to the funeral and see your family.

The ZamFam said...

It was fun to get together with everyone. I think having all the grandkids and great grandkids helped a lot. You can tell he enjoyed being with them, except when the confetti mess was made!

jksfam said...

Sorry about Grandma Ruth! I'm glad that you were able to make it to the funeral, though! The holding hands picture is really cute!!!