Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Time In A Bottle


Steve and I had one of the best weekend's ever. We loved every minute of our time together. I just got off the phone with him, at least 2 days sooner than we thought we'd be able to talk!! He is almost at his final destination. He was excited because he had just met 2 famous girls and got his picture taken with them, an Australian singer Brielle Davis and a famous movie star (he couldn't remember her name) in the Hollywood of India. The chat was quick.. he was off to workout, eat and then nap in a tent!

Anyways, while we were in Baltimore, Steve kept on singing the first line (the only line he could remember) of Jim Corce's song "Time in a Bottle" We downloaded the song and the words could not have been truer for the both of us!

If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that Id like to do
Is to save every day
Till eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you

If I could make days last forever
If words could make wishes come true
Id save every day like a treasure and then,
Again, I would spend them with you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
Ive looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go
Through time with

If I had a box just for wishes
And dreams that had never come true
The box would be empty
Except for the memory
Of how they were answered by you

But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do
Once you find them
Ive looked around enough to know
That you're the one I want to go
Through time with

I was glad to have the time together that we did, we needed that. I am so grateful for my mom and brother for taking care of the kids and for trekking 17 hours in the car back to Colorado with them. I for sure got the better deal. THANKS!
P.S. Steve totally let me shave his hair off, it was actually kind of fun

5 comments:

The ZamFam said...

I am glad you are back!! Even happier that you got to spend that time with him. I am always here when you need me. I love you!!

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

Jodie, that is so great that you got to spend time with Major Hendricks... I mean Steve :-) Matt showed me your blog so I just thought I'd pass along the message that he's hoping he'll get to see Preston at the spring game on Saturday! It's at 11 at the stadium in case you didn't know. Also, I'm out there most weekends and we'd love to babysit for you if you ever need a night off!

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

I just posted a reply to your message on my blog in case you are curious. If you need to vent next week - let me know. :-) If you want the top ten list if things you really shouldn't do and random emotions to be prepared for... let me know.

The Carlsons said...

Jodie- I was so tempted to call you when I found out you were in Baltimore just to come up and give you a hug but I knew you just needed time with Steve. Hope you are well. Remember you can always call and talk with your millions of friends to help you through this.

Tobi said...

How fun! That's such a smart idea to go away with your husband for a weekend before deployment. I'm so glad you had a great weekend.