Sunday, March 16, 2008

STOP in the name of love

Taylor is a daddy's girl. Despite what Steve will say, she has Steve wrapped around her little finger. She is always the one to greet him at the door and jump in his arms or happily call him during his workday to say "hi" and tell him about her exciting day at school. Taylor LOVES treats and Steve LOVES giving her treats. It's a daddy daughter thing they have going on between the 2 of them.

This past week she has anxiously been awaiting a package from Steve. Since he told her Tuesday that he mailed her a little treat, Taylor has made frequent trips to our mail box. I've been trying to explain to her that it takes a few days for the mail to travel from NJ to CO and that unfortunately the mailman only comes once a day. This has been very hard for a 5 year old to understand, especially when the anticipation of an unknown treat is on it's way just for her.

Friday I went outside to take something over to a neighbor's house. I saw that there was something stuck to our mailbox. I walked over to take it down and this is what I found



After 3 days of no package, I guess Taylor decided to take matters into her own hands. I was totally unaware that she made the sign, grabbed the tape and ventured to the mailbox to state her request.

Life was good a few hours later when her letter and treat arrived. I smiled and of course cried a few tears as I carefully took down her precious sign and tucked it away in a special place. There are somethings that are just too hard to throw away. The sign was more than just the word stop. It was a sign of love, of hope and the need of comfort from a little 5 year old girl who misses her dad!

2 comments:

The Dragonfly said...

That is just too cute for words.

The Carlsons said...

That was the cutest story. Give Taylor a big hug from us and tell her she is just to adorable.

I'm sure that you will be a strong support for her during all of this.

P.S. Nice Snow!