Saturday, February 2, 2008

Rockin' Out

Patsy and I took our older kids today to see The Hannah Montana 3-D Concert. We didn't have to deal with long lines or sold out shows, we must have gone at a good time. It was lots of fun. I'm glad I took Preston and Taylor to see it.
Growing up I listened to music all the time. My parents listened to oldies and light rock. I don't remember them having to change stations or records because of language or content. Today is different. In Virgina, Preston's favorite song was Beautiful by James Blunt. When I bought the CD, the version of Beautiful used the F word. I was shocked and upset! Since then I have been so careful to censor the music they listen to. Lets face it, at age 5 and 7 they don't want to listen to the Wiggles or Barney. Because of Hannah Montana, High School Musical and other Disney sounds tracks, they both have really come to enjoy music and I don't have to stress about what they are listening to.













If anyone has recommendations for clean, hype, upbeat, catchy music for kids, let me know. Preston and Taylor love to pump up the volume. We've had our fair share of rocking out sessions in our household, including a good one today. It's fun to watch them sing and dance and love music. Here they are pretending they are rock stars, striking a pose. I have to admit, I love that Preston could care less that he was the only boy amongst 6 girls! He is his Father's son!

2 comments:

the mrazek family said...

Bring back the 80's!!!!! I don't think Tiffany or Debbie Gibson used foul language. I would love to see a video of Preston singing "I think we're alone now".

Your blog made me think of HH days when our Mom's would have Neil Diamond playing in the station wagons. Fun memories!

The Dragonfly said...

We've gotten a bunch of the "Disney Mania" CD's for our kids - not because we're huge Disney promoters or anything, but because we know the lyrics will be clean. We've also burned a bunch of 80's music for our 10 year old. He loves "Eye of the Tiger"!